Life Controlling Issues
- Is Sin really a big deal?
- If we are saved by grace can we continue to sin?
- This is serious stuff that can lead to spiritual death.
- God loves you too much to leave you in your destructive patterns.
- God wants you to be free!
Ways to Overcome Sin:
- Stay in Community
- Get help
- Remove yourself from temptation
- Prophecy is a gift of the Spirit
- Prophecy as especially noted by Paul
- Prophetic information does not come from cognition, it comes from God.
- God works with us; He does not "possess" us. He gives us boldness to exercise gifts. But, there is still human involvement.
- We can "experiment" with prophecy, because if it's wrong, you won't be stoned (like in the OT). People can weigh the prophecy.
- Prophecy can be planned or spontaneous. It can be the Bible or other words in agreement with the Bible.
- Prophecy can cause the Word of God to be rediscovered.
Three Kings of Judah
- Hezekiah: good king, followed the law of God
- Manasseh: evil king, followed the law of God
- Amon: evil king
- Josiah (boy king): 2 Chronicles 34:8-11
- Men found the Book of the Law
- Josiah leads a national revival
- Prophecy is here to wake people up and rediscover the Word of God.